Are you one of those parents that loves Lego and buys children everything Lego? Let me tell you a little secret – I am one of those, and knowing a lot about toys, and benefits of toys, I always cheer for Lego.
But it gets complicated after getting your child couple of Lego sets – there isn’t any room left for Lego sets right?
And there is always this question popping out in our heads – how to store Lego sets?
Well let me tell you, that there are many options how to store them, but are they all good?
That is why I took my time and did a little ( big ) homework searching for best solutions how to store Lego sets.
I compiled best solutions about Lego storage and ideas that I want to share with you.
This one is like evergreen storage system, and it is quite good to store Lego and other toys of course. There are six different colored plastic drawers you can store Lego and toys in. Nothing special but goo enough.
- Good way to store toys
- Drawers are designed like suitcase, so you don’t break or lost anything if it falls down
Seems like cheap non sophisticated plastic
This would be my number 1. Pick, but it is too Lego obvious, you know store bricks into a brick. But its usage is very great – basically a storage box is a shape of a Lego brick ( it can use 2 by 2, 1 by 1, 4 by 2) and you can stack them like real Lego bricks, which is very clever, so you can build a really big house or anything else with these bricks, plus you can store Legos inside, now how cool is that?
- Good way to sore Legos
- Brilliant idea to store Lego bricks in giant Lego brick, and you can stack them like real Legos
- Saves a lot of space
- It is a bit expensive per brick box ( about 25$), so imagine if you have a lot of Lego sets, how many dollars will you pay to store them in more boxes
- Maybe a bit to Lego obvious, I mean it is a high five that you are a Lego fan, but enough is enough right?
Content goes here.
I believe this would be the best option to store Lego sets in it – a lot of small drawers, big drawers, easy to operate it, they transparent, you can easily store a lot of Lego bricks inside, but it has a flaw – it is made more for hardware than for Legos. When I look at it, the first thing that drops into my mind is that I will pull out some screwdrivers rather than Lego bricks.
But if you are a serious Lego collector, then this is probably the best idea and solution how and where to sore your Legos.
- The best organizer for Lego storage
- A lot of drawers
- Very cheap – it costs about $30
- It is more a hardware storage unit than Lego storage unit
This storage unit is my number 1. Pick how to store Lego sets. It is not meant for serious Lego collectors, but for children of course. It looks like it is for children, it will fit into any kids room, and it can come handy when children grow up and then children can substitute Legos for something else.
So this unit is made from plastic, wood and metal. It has 12 small plastic bins and 4 big ones.
- Perfect Lego storage unit
- It would look great in kids room
- A lot of bins to organize Lego sets
- It isn’t good enough for serious collectors
- Price is a bit high – it costs about $75
Now Lets Go Looking Something For Collectors…
If You are a real collector and owing thousands and thousands of Lego parts, then this would be a great option for you – a lot of bins, independent stand, and a lot of bins to store Legos.
- Great way to store Lego parts
- Not so expensive – it costs about $30 or 60$, depends on which storage rack you choose
- You need a lot of space to have this storage rack
This rack is even better looking than Horusdy’s rack, and you get even more bins. The best part about this rack, that you are able to see what is in bins, because they are laid in angle you can see everything.
- Great way to store Lego parts
- It costs about 45 $
- For serious collectors
- There could be smaller bins included
There was about time to show you heavy-duty shelves to store build sets you want to “display”. This shelving unit is a great deal and big enough to store your favorite sets, and a lot of them. I always dreamed having a big space or room, with a huge table in the center and those shelving units to display Lego sets.
- Big shelving unit that can handle a lot of build Lego sets
- It’s purpose is to hold heavy-duty hardware, so any concern falling apart while carrying Lego sets in unecessary
- You need a lot of space to own this unit
- Bit pricey – it costs about $300
This is my ultimate storage unit with 60 bins and it doesn’t take you that much space! It is just excellent storage bin unit to have, just imagine how many Lego part serious collectors could store, sort and keep them a long time in this unit. It can handle about 400lbs – awesome as hell.
- Ultimate storage unit for Lego parts
- A lot of bins allow you to store thousands or tens of thousands Lego parts
- It doesn’t take that much space
- It is a bit pricey as well – it costs about 200$
This is my specter of what kind of storage I would think getting myself in near future to store Lego sets.
If you have any question or a comment, please write me in the comment section below and I will be happy to reply.